Friday, August 10, 2012

Day 2 : What's on in Kyoto ; Sunlight and Thousands of Temples

Continuing from the previous post; Day 1 Sendai - Kyoto , in this post you'll see what and how a lost traveler like me strolls around Kyoto right on noon in the middle of summer.. *skin getting darker mode=on ,  hahaha...
hmmm..?
you wonder how hot it was?
here I give you some examples:

 
<click pictures to enlarge>
can you see what's that?

no?

what about now?

<click pictures to enlarge>

yes, it's Kyoto tower, 
but because the sunlight was too strong, even my analog films were burned, since the photos has too much light exposure on it.. 
so, can you imagine how hot was Kyoto that time?

hahahaha...
 <honestly, I don't exaggerate anything this time.. *crossmyheart>

Therefore, without any preparation for such temperature, I decided to find some shelters to get away from this wild sunlight, and my choice for finding these shelters is in one of these "chessboard" alleys of Kyoto..

Remember this again?
 Chessboard of Kyoto
  <click pictures to enlarge>

And here it is, one of those alleys which I chose to shelter in, more or less looked like this:

Long, straight, never ending alley, 
but hey, at least we got some shadows in between, so I won't complaint any longer.. hahaha

<click pictures to enlarge>

Finally after the sunlight getting much "easier" for a traveler like me to stroll around, my head suddenly can start to think again, and now (that time) I remembered (again) this Conan guy

<click pictures to enlarge>
wutdafuq?
me again?

said something about Kyoto that one of its nicknames is a city of temple, referring to over 9000 temples that exist inside the city..

<click pictures to enlarge>
even the local sightseeing guide map is full of temples...
ahaha..

So, I started to go and find out what's inside one of the biggest temple in Kyoto; it is the Higashi-honganji Temple:
<click pictures to enlarge>


surrounded by gates outside, it really is a big gigantic temple.


<click pictures to enlarge>

And here are some of the pictures inside I could take of (since some areas are prohibited to be photographically taken)

<click pictures to enlarge>

 <click pictures to enlarge>

Satisfied after watching temples here and there, my tummy starts to complain to me, so I decided to walk again a little bit, not only to witness these views :

 downtown street of Kyoto
 the city park
 all green here
 believed to be one of the busiest streets in Kyoto, but wait.. what?
 can you see and guess what's inside the pond? Comment below if you can answer it
 just ordinary collection of hats
 but then

look at the PRICE!!!
<click pictures to enlarge>

but also to discover this:
An example from many of my favorite foods : Kyoto Kakiage Udon
<click pictures to enlarge>


And after spending a day here, to end my journey in Kyoto, my feet starts walking to the mighty Kyoto station that located side by side to the Kyoto Tower,

diagram of Kyoto Tower
 


                     <click pictures to enlarge>









busy people here and there and everywhere; it's rush hour frenzy time!
<click pictures to enlarge>


Goodbye, Kyoto for now.. But, mark my words:  I'll be back! *terminator sound

Enrikko Hazemi here, thank you for reading.. 
 探検!夢!発見
Tanken! Yume! Hakken!
Explore! Dream! Discover!

4 comments:

  1. it's a catfish, fried and then you can eat it with a plate of "nasi uduk", "sambal" and "lalapan" .. and ta - da! Pecel lele. *badumtsssss*

    the temple is a beauty, i believe.

    and your camera got light leak ..
    hahaha




    ReplyDelete
  2. lo cek ini deh http://gakmungkinlupa.blogspot.com/2012/08/random-post-1.html

    ini juga pake kamera analog :p, film nya udah basi pula hahaha

    tek, tokyo sama kyoto kan cuman dibalik doang ..

    apa pemerintah Jepang udah trolling seluruh umat manusia sejak era Meiji yak ..
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha.... keren bro..
    masalahnya, kanjinya beda cuk.. tokyo teh (東京) klo kyoto teh (京都).. gw gk paham lah maksudnya apa kasih nama mirip mirip.hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Share Me Your Ideas..!